Job Title: Community Engagement Ambassador
Location: Main base is at Newcastle Futures site in Cathedral Square, Newcastle but the post holder will be required to work in a mobile capacity in outreach venues across the region.
Hours: Post holder will work a flexible 37 hour working week between the times of 7:30 and 19:00 (Monday – Friday) or part time hours.
Status: Initial contract to end March 2021 with possible extension subject to funding
Purpose of Post:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative person to recruit individuals onto our Tyne Online project from various locations across the City. This role will involve working as part of the larger project team to maximise the number of individuals engaging with Tyne Online.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
· Plan and host regular formal and informal information sessions in locations throughout Newcastle to recruit individuals onto the programme – giving a comprehensive and engaging overview of the various services on offer from the programme
· Attend events, Jobcentre Plus offices/Youth Obligation sessions, jobs fairs and partnership meetings to engage individuals for the programme through effective selling of the services on offer
· Meet targets, which will include supporting individuals to undertake initial triage assessments digitally and to manage a warm handover of potential customers to programme advisers
· Empower, encourage and support individuals to complete the appropriate registration process via digital means
· Work closely with the programme Support Team and Advisers to develop and coordinate the enquiry/referral process ensuring excellent levels of customer satisfaction
· Work closely with Advisers to identify suitable engagement venues and activities in which to run awareness sessions
· Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with programme staff and referral partners
· Identify new marketing initiatives and groups of individuals that may benefit from programme support
· Work across the project to drive up engagement of specific customer groups that are under-represented
· Record customers details and interaction on to the Customer Management System as required
· Support with following up events and other marketing as seen fit by the Digital, Employment and Progression Manager
· Contribute to programme wider performance and sharing of good practice
· Circulate publicity materials in places where appropriate individuals gather
· Operate in accordance with the processes and protocols outlined in the programme toolkits, the minimum quality standards and any contractual obligations
· Understand and apply the requirements Newcastle Futures policies for working with individuals, Health and Safety and Safeguarding
The above is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th February with interviews week commencing Monday 17th February.
For further information about the post, please contact Jamie Hannant at Newcastle Futures for a full Job Description and Application form.
No1 Cathedral Square
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2302970